18 February 2011

Christchurch Tour 9th to 16th Feb 2011

It's been few days since the Netball Open Team came back from their tour. Comparing to previous tours I had been for the past few years, this is the most enjoyable one.

Match against Canterbury Tactix was great; there were times when we outrun them and had good flow with nice patches of play and finishing of shots. This time round we weren't affected by the number of errors on court and instead, we worked even harder for the next few matches. Playing against Kasey Evering was somehow tough; i made it difficult for myself by thinking of her play at 2007 World Netball Championships. She was a indeed a good athlete with long limbs and good elevation. (well~~~ she's jamaican...she should have good abilities)

As we played more and more matches, our play and flow seemed to keep coming and it just felt so good playing on court. Everytime i finished the shot, I could sense that my players will just bring more balls for me and wow~~ the feeling was definitely great; I've been waiting years for this feeling to come back.

Now I know what's the problem lie in our team for the inconsistency. It was the lack of fitness, not anything else.

On 14th Feb, we had New Zealand Training Day when some of us (the fitter group) had a run at Port's Hill. The rest (like me) will have a walk up the hill, taking nice pictures up there but at the later part, the less fitter group will have a circuit runs with Kate. Wow~~ who will have the pleasure to run with National coach? I'm one of them, in fact, a regular one.

The day always end with a cup of nice coffee...

No comments: